With Windows 10 Fall Creators Update ready to deliver on October 17, there are some new Group Policy settings that will be introduced. As these are uncovered, we’ll highlight them here on myITforum.
- ADMX File: SkyDrive.admx
- Overview: Prevent OneDrive from generating network traffic until the user signs in to OneDrive.
- Class: Machine
- Location: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OneDrive
- Value: PreventNetworkTrafficPreUserSignIn
- Policy values: 1 (Enabled); 0 (Disabled)
- Details: Enable this setting to prevent the OneDrive sync client (OneDrive.exe) from generating network traffic (checking for updates, etc.) until the user signs in to OneDrive or starts syncing files to the local computer. If you enable this setting, users must sign in to the OneDrive sync client on the local computer, or select to sync OneDrive or SharePoint files on the computer, for the sync client to start automatically. If this setting is not enabled, the OneDrive sync client will start automatically when users sign in to Windows. If you enable or disable this setting, do not return the setting to Not Configured. Doing so will not change the configuration and the last configured setting will remain in effect.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!