With Windows 10 Fall Creators Update ready to deliver on October 17, there are some new Group Policy settings that will be introduced. As these are uncovered, we’ll highlight them here on myITforum.
- ADMX File: WindowsDefender.admx
- Overview: Prevent users and apps from accessing dangerous websites
- Class: Machine
- Location: Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Windows Defender Exploit Guard\Network Protection
- Value: EnableNetworkProtection
- Policy values: (see details)
- Details: Enable or disable Windows Defender Exploit Guard network protection to prevent employees from using any application to access dangerous domains that may host phishing scams, exploit-hosting sites, and other malicious content on the Internet.
– Audit Mode: Users and applications can connect to dangerous domains, however if this feature would have blocked access if it were set to Block, then a record of the event will be in the event logs.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!