Microsoft has released a tool to allow for troubleshooting VM problems in Azure.
PerfInsights collects various information about the virtual machine, disks/storage pools configuration and performance logs such as:
- System event logs
- Network status for all incoming and outgoing connections
- Task list for all applications currently running on the system
- SQL Server database configuration settings and error logs (if the VM is identified as a server that is running SQL Server)
- Storage reliability counters
- Important Windows hotfixes
- Installed filter drivers
- Firewall Rules
Microsoft recommends running PerfInsights before calling support.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in Dallas, Texas in 2018!