If you’re experiencing problems with a Virtual Machine (either on-premises or in Azure), Microsoft has a tool called Perfinsights that can help pinpoint issues and resolve problems. Microsoft even suggests running this tool prior to contacting support, as it collects the following information from the log files:
- System event logs
- Network status for all incoming and outgoing connections
- Task list for all applications currently running on the system
- SQL Server database configuration settings and error logs (if the VM is identified as a server that is running SQL Server)
- Storage reliability counters
- Important Windows hotfixes
- Installed filter drivers
- Firewall Rules
The tool must be run on the Virtual Machine that is exhibiting problems.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in Dallas, Texas in 2018!