Do you have individuals in the organization that are die-hard Windows fans that like testing new builds enough to be an active participant in the Windows Insider program?
Beginning in System Center Configuration Manager 1802, you can now control deployment of Windows Insider builds through deferral policies.
- In the Configuration Manager console, go to Software Library > Windows 10 Servicing > Windows Update for Business Policies.
- On the Home tab, in the Create group, select Create Windows Update for Business Policy to open the Create Windows Update for Business Policy Wizard.
- On the General page, provide a name and description for the policy.
- On the Deferral Policies page, go to Defer Feature Updates>Branch readiness level, select the ring from which you want devices to receive Insider Preview builds. You can also defer or pause Insider Preview builds using the Deferral period and Pause Feature updates settings.
- Complete the wizard to create the new deferral policy.
- To deploy your Windows Update for Business deferral policy, on the Home tab, click Deploy Windows Update for Business Policy and assign the policy to a collection of devices or users.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in Dallas, Texas in 2018!