Configuration Manager and dependent components store log files in various locations. These locations depend on the process that creates the log file and the configuration of your environment.
The following locations are the defaults. If you customized the installation directories in your environment, the actual paths may vary.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs
- Management point:
- Configuration Manager console:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\AdminUILog
Task sequence log locations
The location of the task sequence log file smsts.log varies depending upon the phase of the task sequence:
- In Windows PE before Format and Partition Disk step:
X:\Windows\temp\smstslog\smsts.log(X is the Windows PE RAM drive)
- In Windows PE after Format and Partition Disk step:
X:\smstslog\smsts.log, then copied to
C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Logs\smstslog\smsts.logwhen drive is ready
- In the new Windows OS before the client is installed:
- In Windows after the client is installed:
- In Windows after the task sequence completes: