Amazon has now made its first security cam available for purchase. The Cloud Cam made waves a couple weeks ago as part of a package that would allow Amazon packages to be delivered directly inside a customer’s home. Called Amazon Key Edition, which includes Cloud Cam Key Edition and an Amazon Key compatible smart lock, is also available.
However, the Cloud Cam is available on its own and is an indoor security monitoring device that can be viewed on Amazon’s Echo Show or on a TV running one of the company’s Fire TV devices.
- 24/7 monitoring – Stay connected to your home, family, and pets. Catch activities as they happen in 1080p Full HD and watch the last 24 hours of clips for free.
- Notifications – Get notified when Cloud Cam sees activity and use the Cloud Cam App to check in anytime with live view.
- See clearly in the dark – Night vision lets you detect what’s happening around the clock.
- Two-way audio – Check in with the family or tell your dog to stop barking.
- 30-day free trial – Get advanced features like person detection, Zones, and more storage, plus download & share clips with a Cloud Cam subscription.
- Works with Alexa – Just ask Alexa to show your live feed on your Amazon Fire TV, Fire Tablet, Echo Show, or Echo Spot.
- Cloud Cam’s intelligence lives in the cloud so it is always getting smarter with more advanced alerts, detection, and features.
The cam is just $119, but Amazon is running a deal where you can buy two for just $199.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in Dallas, Texas in 2018!