Amazon has rolled out messaging to Amazon devices and those using the Amazon Alexa app, allowing Alexa owners to connect directly.
Sending a Voice Message
- Say… “Alexa, send a message to [contact name].”
- Alexa will ask you to confirm the name, and once you do, she will ask you for the message.
- Once you are finished dictating your message, Alexa send the message.
Listening to Voice Messages
- When you have received a message, the ring on the Alexa device will flash green.
- Say… “Alexa, play my messages.”
- You can also say… “Alexa play message for [member name]” if you have multiple household members configured for your account.
To see how this works using the Alexa app, see: Sending and Receiving Text Messages Using the Alexa App
Follow me on Twitter
Add me to your Google+ circles
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!