The sessions from Microsoft Ignite 2019 are available for online viewing and the PPT decks and other collateral area ready for download. However, what if you want to download in bulk for offline review? Or, you just want to download specific topics? Or, just specific speakers?
You can do that with the handy PowerShell script provided by MVP, Michel de Rooij.
The script has a multitude of options, including:
- Event specifies what event to download sessions for. Valid values are Ignite (Default), Inspire or Build.
- InfoOnly Tells the script to return session information only. By default, only the properties session code and title will be displayed.
- DownloadFolder Specifies server to configure. When omitted, will configure local server.
- Format Specify mp4 video format to download using youtube-dl.exe. Direct downloads are in the format provided. For Azure media, you can specify quality as worstvideo+bestaudio/best; for YouTube videos you can specify the format number, e.g. 22.
- Keyword Only retrieve sessions with this keyword in their session description.
- Title Only retrieve sessions with this keyword in their session title.
- Speaker Only retrieve sessions from this speaker.
- Product Only retrieve sessions for this product.
- SolutionArea Only retrieve sessions for this solution area.
- LearningPath Only retrieve sessions part of this learning path.
- Topic Only retrieve sessions on this topic.
- NoVideos Switch to indicate you don’t want to download videos.
- NoSlidedecks Switch to indicate you don’t want to download slidedecks.
- NoGuess Switch to indicate you don’t want to guess and test video & deck download URLs.
- NoRepeats Switch to indicate you don’t want to download repeat session contents.
- ScheduleCode Only retrieve sessions with this session code. You can use one or more codes.
- URL Sets URL to use for fetching contents. Default is http://myignite.microsoft.com (current)
- Overwrite Overwrites any existing local files
- MaxDownloads Specifies maximum number of simultaneous video downloads (default 4).
- Proxy Specifies the URI of the proxy to use.
- OGVPicker to use Out-GridView to pick and select sessions to download.
- Timestamp to set timestamp of downloaded files to session timestamp.
- PreferDirect to prefer direct video downloads over Azure Media Services.
- Captions downloads caption files from Azure Media Services where available.
- Subs downloads subtitles in provided language from YouTube, e.g. “en,nl”.