I don’t know if anyone else has ran into issues setting up the PSP on your SCCM box or WDS box but I can tell you it is very touchy to failure if not done right. On our WDS server I already had went in through the WDS console to configure WDS. Well most people may tell you that is a no no when it comes to setting up PSP on that server. Needless to say I was getting all kinds of different event errors about WDS service not starting, PXE service not starting, pxemsi installer not seeming to finish according to the pxeMSI.log file.
After all said and done here are the steps I followed after encountering issues:
- Remove PXE Service Point from WDS Server
- Remove WDS Installation from Server (via Add/Remove Components)
- Install WDS Component (via Add/Remove Components)
- Do NOT attempt to open or configure WDS from the installed WDS Administrative Tool.
- Add PXE Service Point as a role via the ConfigMgr console to the WDS Server.
- Watch the logs and see success.
This seemed to have cleared things up for me and hopefully may help someone else out there that is having troubles playing with the PSP Role and WDS.