I recently tested and reviewed a USB endoscope. You can catch that review HERE. I guess because I did post that review, I’m now a target and have been sort of typecast as an endoscope reviewer. I get off-the-wall products just show up periodically at my doorstep for review. Some of them I’m not even sure how best to approach testing since I might never personally use the device again. However, the last endoscope review was a bit more popular than I had imagined it would be and more people than expected decided to acquire their own after that review.
So, here’s a brief update. I’ve looked at a few other endoscopes since the original review, but have finally come across one that delivers enough of a unique value proposition to make it even more interesting than the first one.
The endoscope from iksee comes with a remote Wi-Fi connection (shown in the photos below). So, instead of carrying your smartphone or tablet around with you – possibly into dangerous or even damp environments (places that might screw up your smartphone or tablet), the Wi-Fi transmitter delivers the endoscope video wirelessly to your remote screen. Pretty dang neat, and it works well. And, it doesn’t require just a smartphone or tablet to work, it will also deliver video to a Windows PC or a Mac.
You can snag one of these from Amazon for $25: iksee WiFi Wireless Endoscope
- WIRELESS MULITIPLE CONNECTION-What a cool gadget! You can see whatever it sees. HD camera helps you to probe the tight spaces or down sink drain easily. The image can be clearly sent to your Android, ios smartphones, tablets macbook through WiFi.
- WATERPROOF CMOS HD CAMER-With 2 Megapixels CMOS HD camera, Image transmission is prompt and high quality even with the fast moving of the camera. It also offers you an excellent experience of clear HD video or image with adjustable resolutions1600*1200,1280*720, 640*480.
- EXTRA ACCESSORIES- Additional magnet, hook, and mirror support flexible and multiple probe in camera end.
- WIDELY USED- This endoscope is suitable for various types of environment such as pipeline, automobile maintenance, air conditioning maintenance and some other use in low-light or dark area, damp or wet area etc.
- EASY TO SET UP – Scan the QR code in the manual or download APP ‘moqo view’, Connect your smart device via WIFI, open the APP and the live video will show on the screen.
- Resolution: 1600*1200,1280*720, 640*480
- Focal distance: 1.57-2.36 inch(the best)
- Camera Head Diameter: 8mm
- Lens: 2 Megapixels HD camera, 8 LEDs
- Waterproof: IP67
- Viewing Angle: 70 degree
- Wifi transmission distance:0-30M
- Battery Capacity: 750mAh
- Support system: iOS/Android/Windows(Vista/XP/Win7/Win8)/Mac
(tap or click each image for a larger view)
Follow me on Twitter
Add me to your Google+ circles
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!