All Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008/R2 customers will get an update on January 14, 2020 as the operating system is in support until then. Updates for these operating systems after January 14, 2020 will be for ESU customers only.
For those that need to understand ESU better, or want help in preparing for it, use the following links.
- How to get ESU for Windows devices
- IT Pro FAQ about the end of support for Windows 7
- Windows 7 and Office 365 ProPlus support
- Extended Security Updates and System Center Configuration Manager
- Lifecycle FAQ overview for all ESU offerings
- Windows 7 SP1 test for ESU customers KB article
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 test for ESU customers KB article
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 test for ESU customers KB article