This method was developed for SMS 2.0 and 2003, but works equally well for Configuration Manager 2007.
- Open SQL Enterprise Manager
- Open the SMS Database and then go to Tables
- Select the Table: “Summarizer_SiteSystem”
- Right click on the table and select
Open Table-Return All Rows
- Place a -1 in the Replicate Column for all instances of the specific Servers that no longer exist.
This will effectively remove the server from the Site Systems Status messages in about 30 minutes.
You can also access and delete old Site Component Servers still found in the registry of the SMS site server under:
Delete the servers that are no longer defined as component servers (that is, not set in the MMC Site Settings/Site Systems as a CAP or DP). Eventually you will then have access to the DELETE function when accessing the entry under Site Settings/Site Systems in the SMS Admin console.
Extra Note: If you are simply wanting to change the status from critical to OK then change the status column for that site system from 2 to 0.