Now that February is actually here, its time once again to give a strong reminder that as of February 28, 2017, support for the Office 2013 version of Office 365 ProPLus will expire. According to KB article 3199744, this means that…
…after February 28, 2017 the following apply:
- All 2013 versions of Office 365 client applications (32 and 64-bit) and all language packs will no longer be available for installation from the Office 365 Admin Center.
- An updated 2013 version of the Office Deployment Tool will be released that will no longer support the installation of Office 365 client applications.
- Microsoft will not release any feature updates for these versions of the products.
- Microsoft will no longer provide support for these versions of the products through Customer Service and Support (CSS) or Microsoft Premier Support.
- Microsoft will continue to release critical and important security updates for these versions of the products until April 10, 2018. See the following Microsoft website: Security Bulletin Severity Rating System.
- Microsoft will not provide notification before implementing potentially disruptive changes that may result in a service interruption for users of the 2013 versions of Office 365 client applications. See the following Microsoft website: Microsoft Online Services support lifecycle policy.
Take a look at other Office 365 Service Changes in 2017 that Will Require Customer Attention.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!