Announced alongside Microsoft Ignite’s first day full of keynotes, the company is introducing PowerShell in Cloud Shell as a public preview.
PowerShell in Cloud Shell provides the following:
- Authenticated shell access to Azure from virtually anywhere.
- Common tools and programming languages in a shell that’s updated and maintained by Microsoft.
- Persist your files across sessions in attached Azure File storage.
- Resource group scoping for Azure PowerShell cmdlets, when within the context of a resource group path in the Azure drive.
- Context-sensitive command list using Get-AzureRmCommand. It only lists commands that are applicable to items under the path in Azure drive.
- Rich PowerShell script editing using VIM, which provides built-in syntax highlighting and IntelliSense for PowerShell files.
- An extensible model for adding new commands (via modules and scripts) from the PowerShell Gallery, which automatically persisted across your Cloud Shell sessions.
- Enables interactions with VMs using PowerShell remoting to enable management of guest VMs.
Details: Azure Cloud Shell (Preview)
Azure Cloud Shell is also available in the Azure Mobile App: https://aka.ms/azureapp