From the myITforum TipLine:
The PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit provides a set of functions to perform common application deployment tasks and to interact with the user during a deployment. It simplifies the complex scripting challenges of deploying applications in the enterprise, provides a consistent deployment experience and improves installation success rates.
The PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit can be used to replace your WiseScript, VBScript and Batch wrapper scripts with one versatile, re-usable and extensible tool.
Integration with SCCM
- Handles SCCM exit codes, including time sensitive dialogs supporting SCCM’s Fast Retry feature – providing more accurate SCCM Reporting (no more Failed due to timeout errors).
- Ability to prevent reboot codes (3010) from being passed back to SCCM, which would cause a reboot prompt.
- Supports the CM12 application model by providing an install and uninstall deployment type for every deployment script.
- Bundle multiple application installations to overcome the supported limit of 5 applications in the CM12 application dependency chain.
- Compared to compiled deployment packages, e.g. WiseScript, the Toolkit utilizes the SCCM cache correctly and SCCM Distribution Point bandwidth more efficiently by using loose files.
Web site with free download: http://psappdeploytoolkit.com/
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!