Supplied through a big update for Office Online Server for April, Microsoft has now enabled the software to run installed on Windows Server 2016.
Additionally, the April 2017 update brings the following improvements:
- Performance improvements to co-authoring in PowerPoint Online.
- Equation viewing in Word Online.
- New navigation pane in Word Online.
- Improved undo/redo in Word Online.
- Enhanced W3C accessibility support for users who rely on assistive technologies.
- Accessibility checkers for all applications to ensure that all Office documents can be read and authored by people with different abilities.
Office Online Server is an on-premises version of Office 365 where organizations can supply users with web versions of Office products.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!