Planning for the move to ConfigMgr 2012 from ConfigMgr 2007 is important since there is no in-place upgrade – only a side-by-side migration option. There are several key pieces that can be migrated during the process.
NOTE: ONLY ConfigMgr 2007 sites with SP2 can be migrated.
Here’s the list of items that can be flagged for migration:
- Configuration baselines and configuration items
- Operating system deployment boot images, driver packages, drivers, images, and packages
- Software distribution packages
- Software metering rules
- Software update deployment packages and templates
- Software update deployments
- Software update lists
- Task sequences
- Virtual application packages