Microsoft takes its scariest update and makes it scarier. Any doubt its Halloween month?
Microsoft is taking the wraps off a new plan to begin delivering its .NET Framework updates alongside Windows 10 updates each month. Additionally, the .NET Framework updates will now have its own cumulative update design. This all starts in October.
Microsoft says this change is a good thing for the following reasons:
We are making this change to enable the following:
- Provide more flexibility for installing .NET Framework updates (for example, IT Admins can more selectively test line of business applications before broadly deploying).
- Ability to respond to critical customer needs, when needed, with higher velocity, with standalone .NET Framework patches.
The Cumulative Update for .NET Framework will have the following characteristics:
- Independent – Released separately from the Windows Cumulative Update
- Cumulative – The latest patch will fully update all .NET Framework versions on your system
- Same cadence – The Cumulative Update for .NET Framework will be released on the same cadence as Windows 10.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in Dallas, Texas in 2018!