You may have forgotten, or you simply may not know (shame on you, if true), but late in 2011 Flexera became the undisputed heavyweight champion of software application packaging solutions through a “partnership” with Symantec (i.e., Symantec acquired Altiris, which owned Wise Solutions, etc., etc.)… In essence, Wise is dead.
If you missed it, I’ll give you a moment to catch up:
OK…so, there’s been very little additional news on this since — until today. Flexera is kicking off a series of Webinars to help Wise customers (who may still be clinging to the old solution with white knuckles) with the transition. The webinar will actually be broadcast several times over the next couple months, so if you can’t make the on this week, there’s plenty of time. The webinar will be broadcast on September 20, September 27, October 4, October 11, October 18, and October 25.
The webinar will cover things like:
- Symantec and Flexera Software partnership
- Wise Package Studio to AdminStudio for Symantec Migration Program Overview and Benefits
- AdminStudio for Symantec product overview and demonstration
- Additional Application Readiness Offerings (such as the old SCCM Expert product)
- Summary of training and service offerings to support your migration efforts
Here’s where to register: http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/AR-WBNR-Migrate-Wise-to-AdminStudio