Hi all friend,
Great news the Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 Beta Configuration Manager – Clients for Additional Operating Systems (AIX , HP-UX , RHEL Solaris ,SLES ) is available for download !!!
Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 Beta supports the management of Linux and UNIX servers. The clients for Linux and UNIX extends the scope of your Configuration Manager environment to collect inventory, deploy software, and run reports about Linux and UNIX servers in your enterprise. The client operates as a workgroup client that is managed by Configuration Manager.
The following UNIX and Linux versions are supported in the Beta release.
- AIX Version 7.1 (Power)
- AIX Version 6.1 (Power)
- AIX Version 5.3 (Power)
- HP-UX Version 11iv3 (IA64 & PA-RISC)
- HP-UX Version 11iv2 (IA64 & PA-RISC)
- RHEL Version 6 (x86 & x64)
- RHEL Version 5 (x86 & x64)
- RHEL Version 4 (x86 & x64)
- Solaris Version 10 (x86 & SPARC)
- Solaris Version 9 (SPARC)
- SLES Version 11 (x86 & x64)
- SLES Version 10 SP1 (x86 & x64)
- SLES Version 9 (x86)
The following scenarios are supported by the UNIX and Linux clients:
- Hardware Inventory – Hardware inventory can be viewed through Resource Explorer and can be used to create collections of UNIX and Linux computers.
- Software Inventory – Through hardware inventory the list of natively installed software can be gathered from the UNIX and Linux computers – similar to add/remove programs for Windows systems.
- Software Distribution – Deploy new software, update existing software and apply OS patches to collections of UNIX/Linux computers (using a package and program). Run arbitrary maintenance scripts on a collection of UNIX/Linux servers.
- Secure and Authenticated Communications
- Consolidated Reports
Unix Linux System Managed by Microsoft PRODUCT ! 🙂