A recent webinar that is now available for on-demand streaming, contains some interesting bullet-points that all Microsoft customers should consider for the future of the IT organization. Here’s a few big ones…
- Internally, Microsoft is shifting from AD on-premises to Azure Active Directory.
- Internally, Microsoft is moving from System Center Configuration Manager to Intune to manage corporate devices. Right now, there’s only a couple pieces holding it back from migrating completely – but those enhancements are coming quickly.
- Internally, Microsoft is moving away from System Center Configuration Manager as a tool for deploying OS updates and instead will use Windows Update for Business.
- Microsoft is currently developing a migration path for System Center Configuration Manager to Intune. The technology will allow both to coexist until System Center Configuration Manager can be shut down completely.
- Microsoft sees Intune as the sole future for managing devices.
- To manage deployments when System Center Configuration Manager is gone, Microsoft will migrate completely to Windows Store for Business.
The webinar is available to view after filling out a form: Windows 10 deployment: tips and tricks from Microsoft IT
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!