On Thursday, Microsoft rolled out Surface firmware and driver updates. The company has now offered information as to what was contained in the updates along with which model(s) were affected. The Surface Pro 4 was the only device to garner updates this month so far and the updates were for reliability, performance, and battery life.
Here’s what was included in the updates:
- Microsoft Driver update for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware – Surface Embedded Controller Firmware 103.1684.256.0: improves battery life during sleep.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Precise Touch Device – Intel(R) Precise Touch Device 126.96.36.199: disables touch when cover is closed, and improves stability.
- Surface driver update for Surface Integration – Surface Integration 188.8.131.52: adjusts system Hibernation defaults.
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Touch Servicing ML – Surface Touch Servicing ML 1.0.724.0: optimizes touch functionality.
- Surface driver update for Surface System Aggregator – Surface System Aggregator 103.1610.256.0: resolves screen brightness issue when device comes out of sleep.
- Surface driver update for Surface UEFI – Surface UEFI 106.1624.768.0: refines brightness settings.
- Microsoft Driver update for Surface Touch – Surface Touch 184.108.40.206: optimizes touch functionality.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!