Kensington is soon to release a new docking station for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 4 devices. The style and look of the dock essentially turns a Surface tablet into a small scale Surface Studio.
- Best For: Surface Pro (2017) and Surface Pro 4 and Monitors that support up to 4K
- Connection Technology: Surface Connect
- Compatibility: Windows 10
- # of Monitors Supported: 2
- Video Ports: 1 x HDMI v2.0 and 1 x DisplayPort v1.2++
- Maximum Resolution Supported: Single Monitor: 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz and Dual Monitors: 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz
- Plug & Play installation without the need for drivers or downloads
- System Requirements: Surface Pro (2017) or Surface Pro 4
- Warranty: 3 Years
Kensington only says that the dock is coming soon and gives no scheduled date for official release. The company says its the ultimate desktop experience for the Surface Pro, and we may have to agree – but testing will tell the tell.
Full details: SD7000 Dual 4K Surface Pro Docking Station
Retail is listed at $299.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in Dallas, Texas in 2018!