By Ken Hilker
On Tuesday, October 10, Flexera Software launched InstallAnywhere 2012, the latest version of the leading multiplatform installation development solution, as well as the new InstallAnywhere Cloud Pack.
New capabilities include:
InstallAnywhere 2012 Capabilities
- Expanded Platform Support –The latest and most updated platforms are supported including Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), SUSE Linux 11.3, Ubuntu 12.04, Solaris 11 Sparc, HP-UX 11i, AIX 7.1, IBM i5/OS, Z/OS, RHEL 6 and Fedora 16.
- Software Tagging Support – Simplifies creating ISO 19770-2 compliant software tags as part of the installation development process.
InstallAnywhere 2012 Cloud Pack Capabilities
- One Project File – Physical and Virtual Outputs – Create multiplatform, traditional on-premises installers and virtual appliances from a single project file.
- Create Cloud-Ready Virtual Appliances – Deploy multiplatform applications automatically to Amazon EC2.
- Create Enterprise-Ready Virtual Appliances – Deploy multiplatform applications as enterprise-ready virtual appliances (OVF 1.1 compliant) for easy provisioning within your customers virtual machine infrastructure.
- Create Baseline Virtual Machines – Create virtual machine templates to streamline the process of moving multiple applications to the cloud and ensure configuration consistency.
- Direct Virtual Appliance Deployment – Deploy virtual appliances directly to VMware vSphere and Amazon EC2 hypervisors for testing and production deployment.
- OVF 1.1 Standard Support – OVF 1.1 offers the widest flexibility and build quality for virtual machines and is used by VMware, guaranteeing compatibility with the most hypervisors
- Leverage Linux Package Repositories – Add additional application components and runtimes through either Web or Linux Package repositories
- Automate the Virtual Appliance Build Process – Virtual appliances and virtual machine templates can be built using the InstallAnywhere Build engine or through Apache Ant tasks.
We invite you to visit our website and learn more about our newest version of InstallAnywhere and the new InstallAnywhere Cloud Pack, try them out with a free trial and attend our What's New in InstallAnywhere 2012 Webinar on October 23. The Webinar will focus on the new features of InstallAnywhere 2012 and the new InstallAnywhere Cloud Pack, and include a Q&A session.