By Garth Jones
There may be times when you don’t want to wait for the next automated Azure Active Directory (AAD) synchronization to occur or when you want to immediately ensure that your accounts are up-to-date.
I’ve set out below how you can manually perform a full synchronization.
1. On your AAD server, from the Start menu launch Synchronization Service.
2. Click the Connectors tab.
3. Right click on the Active Directory Domain Services row and then click Run.
4. Select Full Synchronization and click OK.
5. Wait for the synchronization to complete. This might take a while if you have a large environment.
6. You will know when the synchronization is complete when the End Time information is populated and the State is Idle.