- In Control with no Control: Perceptions and Reality of Windows 10 Home Edition Update Features (2.7m)
Home computer users are regularly advised to install software updates to stay secure. Windows 10 Home edition is unique as it automatically downloads and installs updates, and restarts the computer automatically if needed. The automatic restarts can be influenced through a number of features, such as ‘active hours’ (the period during which a computer will never automatically restart to finish installing an update) or by explicitly setting a time when to restart the computer.
This research investigates if the features Microsoft provides for managing updates on Windows 10 Home edition are appropriate for computer owners.
- printers-in-dubai.pdf (0b)
- Disable Action Center (0b)
This is a registry import that disables the Action Center in Windows 10. It adds a new DWORD (32-bit) Value called DisableNotificationCenter to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer and sets the Data Value to: 1.
Change the Data Value to 0 to bring Action Center back.
- AppDB Registry Import for Fixing Missing Notifications (0b)
A registry import for fixing missing Windows 10 Notifications.
- Shortcut keys for Windows 10 (0b)
This guide lists shortcut keys that you can use from the desktop in Windows 10.
- Windows 10 Event OneNote Notes (0b)
This OneNote section can be imported into OneNote as a scorecard for Windows 10 announcements.