System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 Beta info here: https://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2012/09/10/system-center-2012-configuration-manager-service-pack-1-sp1-beta-is-ready/
Get the new clients: Clients for Additional Operating Systems
The following scenarios are supported by the UNIX and Linux clients:
- Hardware Inventory – Hardware inventory can be viewed through Resource Explorer and can be used to create collections of UNIX and Linux computers.
- Software Inventory – Through hardware inventory the list of natively installed software can be gathered from the UNIX and Linux computers – similar to add/remove programs for Windows systems.
- Software Distribution – Deploy new software, update existing software and apply OS patches to collections of UNIX/Linux computers (using a package and program). Run arbitrary maintenance scripts on a collection of UNIX/Linux servers.
- Secure and Authenticated Communications
- Consolidated Reports
The following UNIX and Linux versions are supported in the Beta release.
- AIX Version 7.1 (Power)
- AIX Version 6.1 (Power)
- AIX Version 5.3 (Power)
- HP-UX Version 11iv3 (IA64 & PA-RISC)
- HP-UX Version 11iv2 (IA64 & PA-RISC)
- RHEL Version 6 (x86 & x64)
- RHEL Version 5 (x86 & x64)
- RHEL Version 4 (x86 & x64)
- Solaris Version 10 (x86 & SPARC)
- Solaris Version 9 (SPARC)
- SLES Version 11 (x86 & x64)
- SLES Version 10 SP1 (x86 & x64)
- SLES Version 9 (x86)