Extends the ServiceNow Service Catalog, Optimizes Software License Usage, and Automates the Deployment of PC, Mac, Mobile, and Cloud Applications to Employees
App Broker for ServiceNow™ enables organizations standardizing on the ServiceNow platform to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and maintain continual license compliance with intelligent license checking, software reclamation and the automated deployment of applications directly from the ServiceNow Service Portal. Leveraging asset management data from FlexNet Manager Suite – including license entitlement data – App Broker for ServiceNow ensures license availability prior to expediting approved software fulfillment to the employee’s device.
App Broker for ServiceNow also helps customers reduce software license consumption and unnecessary spending on new software licenses by leveraging FlexNet Manager Suite. The integrated solution lets IT reclaim valuable software by uninstalling applications that are not used, or rarely used – freeing up expensive licenses for reuse. It also provides data for more informed contract negotiations with software vendors.
App Broker for ServiceNow also enables IT to proactively address issues throughout the software provisioning process. During the software delivery stage, the solution continually monitors request status and updates the ServiceNow system-of-record – generating an incident notification if application delivery is not successful.
App Broker 2016 for ServiceNow:
- Easily connects to the ServiceNow environment
- Populates an authorized list of software titles to the Service Catalog
- Provides advanced license governance and reserves licenses during the request process
- Evaluates product-use rights, informing IT when a license is required
- Expedites software delivery and provisions Cloud services
- Reduces software spending through intelligent reclamation of unused software
App Broker for ServiceNow also provides the application programing interfaces (APIs), Orchestration Activity Pack and Workflows required for integration with ServiceNow.
ServiceNow helps the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before, and nearly everything can be delivered ‘as a service’. Employees can simply visit the Service Portal to request applications, and App Broker for ServiceNow automatically evaluates whether a license is required, checks for an available license to ensure ongoing software license compliance, and orchestrates the appropriate deployment system to deliver the approved application to the user on any device.
Populates the ServiceNow Service Catalog:
- Maintain an authorized list of available software services
- Enable a single service portal for all requests
Automates license governance and optimization:
- Perform an advanced license check at time of request
- Evaluate product use rights
- Reserve available licenses
- Harvest unused software through automated reclamation
Automates Software Deployment:
- Monitor installation and initiate proactive support
- Provision cloud apps, like Office 365, Box, and Salesforce
- Deploy PC, Mac, and mobile apps with built-in integration
– Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
– Symantec Client Management Suite
– VMware AirWatch
– Casper Suite
To learn more about App Broker for ServiceNow contact your Flexera Representative or Business Partner
Timothy Davis is a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Flexera Software, and has worked in global marketing at high-tech firms such as BMC Software, VeriSign, McAfee, and Lotus. With over 25 years of experience in enterprise software, he has gained a deep understanding of the business challenges faced by IT organizations in enterprises of all sizes. Specializing in IT Service Management and Operations, Tim develops content that translates product features into real business benefits that help IT leaders learn about new and developing technologies that drive IT efficiency and improve customer satisfaction.