Microsoft is making steady advances on Amazon’s cloud turf, with some analyst firms suggesting that Microsoft could take the crown in the near term. But, Amazon is not quite out of it yet. The company continues to innovate with its Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings and though it may not be the darling of the PR industry, continues to pace just ahead of Microsoft.
On Monday, Amazon hosted a Microsoft-style announcement event in New York City. The event was also streamed live. Here’s some of the highlights from the day of announcements…
- Launch – AWS Glue Now Generally Available
- AWS CloudHSM Update – Cost Effective Hardware Key Management at Cloud Scale for Sensitive & Regulated Workloads
- New – Amazon Web Services Extends CloudTrail to All AWS Customers
- AWS Config Update – New Managed Rules to Secure S3 Buckets
- AWS Migration Hub – Plan & Track Enterprise Application Migration
Incidentally, Tim Warner (instructor and Microsoft MVP) will be delivering an interesting session on Azure versus AWS at IT/Dev Connections 2017, entitled: Understand the Difference Between Azure and AWS
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!