With Amazon’s Echo Show shipping on June 28, 2017, expect many add-on devices to also become available. One of the first whole-house security camera systems, Netgear’s Arlo Pro Security System, is already available. Additionally, Ring’s Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell will also provide Echo Show capability, allowing Echo Show users to view and interact with visitors through the Show’s screen when they ring the doorbell.
Some quick specs:
- See, hear and speak to anyone at your door from your smartphone, tablet or PC.
- Get instant alerts when visitors press your Doorbell or trigger the built-in motion sensors.
- Watch over your home in crystal-clear HD video.
- Protect your home – day or night – with infrared night vision.
- Communicate with visitors via two-way audio with noise cancellation.
- Check-in on your property at any time, and get streaming video and audio with Live View.
- Set up your Doorbell in minutes with the included tool kit and installation guide.
- Dual-powered: Runs off the internal battery or can be connected to existing Doorbell wiring.
- Lifetime purchase protection: If your Ring Doorbell gets stolen, we’ll replace it for free!
The doorbell is available from Amazon for $180: Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!