Its getting to the point where if your product doesn’t work with Alexa, its just no good anymore. NetGear provides Alexa integration for several of its router. The current list of supported routers includes:
- Orbi Model RBK50
- Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000
- Nighthawk AC2300 Model R7000P
- Nighthawk AC2350 Model R7500v2
- Nighthawk AC2350 Model R8300
- Nighthawk X4S Model R7800
- Nighthawk X6 Model R8000
- Nighthawk X8 Model R8500
- Nighthawk X10 Model R9000
To configure your compatible router to work with Alexa, you first must…
- Download the NETGEAR genie app.
- Create a remote access account.
- Register your router with your remote access account.
Once you’ve accomplished that:
- Locate the Alexa skill in the Alexa app, or find it HERE on the web.
- Link the Alexa skill to your NETGEAR account by clicking the Enable button.
Once enabled, you can issue commands like…
“Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable guest network”
“Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable 5G guest network”
“Alexa, ask NETGEAR to disable guest network”
“Alexa, ask NETGEAR what are my WiFi settings”
“Alexa, ask NETGEAR to reboot my router”
Follow me on Twitter
Add me to your Google+ circles
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!