Dear KiXtart supporters,
Attached to the bottom of this post is beta 3 of KiXtart 2010 4.63.
This update contains the following fixes & enhancements:
- Updated @PRODUCTTYPE to support Windows 8 and removed trailing spaces from some of the values.
- Fixed AScan issue with arrays starting with an empty string
- Fixed InStr to return 0 if an empty search string is specified
- Fixed issue with WrapAtEOL being reset after KiXtart was SHELLed
- Enhanced SetDefaultPrinter so that it sets the printer name using the original case.
- Fixed bug in FormatNumber() (Thanks to Lee for catching this one!)
Note, as many of you already know, KiXtart 2010 versions 4.60 and up are no longer supported on Windows 9x, Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000. Running KIX32.EXE on these Windows versions will produce the following error: “.EXE expects a newer version of Windows.” This is a result of the fact that recent versions of Visual Studio no longer support these versions of Windows. Of course, no one should be running these versions of Windows anymore these days…
Unfortunately, the latest version of Visual Studio (2012) also no longer supports Windows XP. At least for now… this will be addressed in an update of Visual Studio later this year.
In any case, as a result of this, the previous beta builds of KiXtart 4.63 did not run on Windows XP. This new build has been created with good old Visual Studio 2008, so it will run on XP just fine.
Depending on the release schedule of the Visual Studio update, I will create the final build of KiXtart 4.63 with Visual Studio 2012, or 2010/2008. And in the latter case, I will create a 4.64 update built with Visual Studio 2012 later this year.
If you get a chance: please test this build and let me know if you find any issues!
The latest and greatest versions of KiXtart (2.33/3.63/4.62) can be found on: http://kixtart.org
Download: KiXtart 2010 4.63 beta 3