Just a quick note here that Amazon has a D-Link smart plug that works with Alexa for 50% off – rounding down to just $19.99. So, if you’re wanting to checkout Alexa capability and don’t want something that requires a special hub, this looks to be a great starter device.
You can find it here: D-Link Smart Plug, Wi-Fi, On/Off, Works with Amazon Alexa (DSP-W110)
I’ve not had a chance to test this particular brand yet, but at this price – how can I not? Stay tuned for a follow-up review.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Turn devices on or off from your smartphone or tablet from anywhere. Create on/off schedules for your devices
- Easy setup. Designed to work with existing Wi-Fi networks (no additional hub required)
- Use with other mydlink Home devices and the free mydlink Home app to create a smarter, more secure and more aware home. Works with any smartphone or tablet running Android 4.1 or higher or iOS 7.0 and higher
- Electrical rating of 120V/15A/60Hz/1800W (for indoor use). IFTTT compatible – Pair with any IFTTT enabled product or app to connect your Wi-Fi Smart Plug to the world in fun and useful ways
Thanks to @winobs for the tip!
Follow me on Twitter
Add me to your Google+ circles
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!