According to stats released today, Black Friday and Cyber Monday vaulted Amazon’s own devices above any of the other products it sells on its massive, mega-shopping site. In fact, the Echo Dot was the #1 selling product on Amazon globally, from any manufacturer in any category.
Here’s some additional eye-opening numbers:
- Echo Dot and Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote were not only the best-selling Amazon devices, but they were the best-selling products from any manufacturer in any category across all of Amazon.com.
- Customers purchased 2.7x as many Fire TV Sticks as in the same period last year. Fire TV continues to be the #1 streaming media player family in the U.S., U.K., Germany, and Japan, across all retailers.
- Kindle celebrated its 10th anniversary with the best holiday shopping weekend ever for Kindle Paperwhite in the U.S. and globally.
- Fire Kids Edition continues to be the #1 kids tablet in the U.S., across all retailers.
- Customer reaction to Echo Spot was incredibly positive and it is sold out for this holiday season; customers can still pre-order to reserve their place in line and orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis in the new year.
- Echo Dot was the best-selling device at Whole Foods Market over the holiday weekend.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in Dallas, Texas in 2018!