Do you want Alexa capability but either don’t need a speaker or believe you have a better speaker already?
Amazon has silently released a new Alexa gadget called the Echo Input.
The Echo Input is an Alexa puck that is devoid of any speaker. Essentially, the device is a pod that connects to the Amazon cloud through the WiFi connection to supply Alexa capability but requires that you already have a Bluetooth-enabled speaker to pair with or connect through a 3.5 mm audio cable.
Pre-order is available today with shipping beginning on December 12, 2018.
On Amazon.com for $34.00: Echo Input – Bring Alexa to your own speaker
- Echo Input adds Alexa to an external speaker and connects via 3.5 mm audio cable or Bluetooth.
- Can hear you from across the room—even when music is playing.
- Stream Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and more on your favorite speaker.
- Just ask Alexa to play a song, read the news, or check the weather and traffic.
- Set alarms and timers, add items to your to-do list, and control compatible smart home devices.
- Calling and messaging via Bluetooth is not supported.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more.
- Slim, low-profile design fits almost anywhere.