The rumors are true. Amazon today has launched its latest Alexa-enabled device called the Echo Show.
The Echo Show, comes in both black and white colors, sports a 7-inch color touchscreen, and finally supports voice recognition.
- Echo Show brings you everything you love about Alexa, and now she can show you things. Watch video flash briefings and YouTube, see music lyrics, security cameras, photos, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, and more. All hands-free—just ask.
- Introducing a new way to be together. Talk to family and friends who have an Echo or the Alexa App.
- See lyrics on-screen with Amazon Music. Just ask to play a song, artist or genre, and stream over Wi-Fi. Also, stream music on Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and more.
- Powerful, room-filling speakers with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and extended bass response
- Ask Alexa to show you the front door or monitor the baby’s room with compatible cameras from Ring and Arlo. Turn on lights, control thermostats and more with WeMo, Philips Hue, ecobee, and other compatible smart home devices.
- With eight microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo Show hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Jeopardy!, Allrecipes, CNN, and more
The Echo Show is listed at $229, but Amazon is knocking off $100 if you order two using the code: SHOW2PACK
Amazon lists the official release date as June 28, 2017 and those that choose 2-day shipping at checkout, Amazon promises to deliver it on the release day.
Available for pre-order today: Introducing Echo Show
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!