Fresh off launching its refreshed, higher-end Fire TV device, Amazon has now launched a refreshed Fire TV stick. But, this one has different intentions. This particular device is available globally, for over 100 territories and countries. The intent is to deliver its Amazon Prime video services to the world.
“Last year, we made Amazon Prime Video available to customers globally, and today, we’re building on that momentum as we introduce Fire TV Stick Basic Edition to new customers around the world,” said Marc Whitten, Vice President, Amazon Fire TV. “This makes streaming content from apps like Prime Video fast and easy and we can’t wait to hear what customers think.”
On the product page, Amazon has a drop-down list of all countries and regions, allowing customers to verify the device can work in that area.
There is one caveat – this edition does not provide Alexa voice support.
Fire TV Stick Basic Edition is available for purchase today from Amazon.com and will begin shipping tomorrow to more than 100 countries around the world. It is available for purchase locally in Canada (Amazon.ca), France (Amazon.fr), Italy (Amazon.it), and Spain (Amazon.es). In addition, the Fire TV Stick Basic Edition will be coming soon to Brazil and Mexico.
Fire TV Stick Basic Edition is $49.99: Fire TV Stick | Basic Edition
- Processor – MediaTek Quad-core ARM 1.3 GHz
- Storage – 8 GB internal (actual formatted capacity will be less) available for apps and games
- Memory – 1 GB
- Output Resolution Supported – 720p and 1080p up to 60fps
- Audio Support – Dolby Audio, 5.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass through up to 7.1
- Wi-Fi Connectivity – Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi supports 2×2 MIMO 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth – Bluetooth 4.1
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in Dallas, Texas in 2018!