The Amazon Echo Show‘s screen doesn’t necessarily suffer from potential burn-in thanks to how the home content refreshes, but there are times you might want something different and more entertaining than just the time, date, and upcoming events. For those times there are “screen saver” skills available that produce hour-long images.
Here’s what’s available to enable:
- Fish Tank – Fish Tank plays an hour long video of relaxing fish in a saltwater aquarium along with peaceful music.
- Fireplace Video – Fireplace Video, designed for the Echo Show, plays an hour long high quality video of a relaxing fireplace
- Pug Video – Want a cute virtual pet? Pug Video plays a close up shot of a pug puppy for an hour along with relaxing music.
- Lava Lamp – Great as a night light! Lava Lamp plays an hour long video of a lava lamp along with rain & thunderstorm sounds.
- Disco Ball – Turn your desk or bedroom into a dance party! Disco Ball plays an hour long video of a disco mirror ball complete with lights & music!
- Beach Video – Beach Video plays an hour long relaxing video of a tropical beach with the sound of ocean waves.
- Koi Pond – Koi Pond plays an hour long relaxing video of a Koi Pond and Japanese Garden.
- Space Video – Fly through the galaxy with Space Video! Experience an hour long amazing journey through the cosmos with relaxing sounds. Great as a sleep sound or night light.
- Screen Savers Live – Combines all of the above options into a single skill.
Follow me on Twitter
Add me to your Google+ circles
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!