I’ve been waiting for this skill to drop in the Alexa skill store since I first heard about it back in March. The Newton Mail Alexa skill is now available, allowing users of the Newton Mail app to use their voice to completely manage their email. The only drawback is that you need to switch email apps if you’re not already using Newton. This skill only works with the Newton Mail app/system but Newton Mail works with all the leading email account providers like Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail/Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and all IMAP accounts.
Things you can do…
- Ask Alexa if you have new mail
- Ask Alexa to tell you the names of the senders
- Have Alexa read your emails to you
- Tell Alexa to Snooze, Delete, Mark as Read, Archive, Mark as Spam and more
- Tell Alexa to “Read again”, “Read next mail” or “Read previous mail”
Follow me on Twitter
Add me to your Google+ circles
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!