Each week, we take a look at new and important Alexa skills you might want to consider enabling for your Alexa device. Amazon continues to improve Alexa with its own updates, but skills are software components that allow Alexa users to extend functionality across all Alexa-enabled devices in use for very specific functions.
This week’s skill: The Magic Door
Description: The Magic Door skill for Alexa is a very detailed, fun, interactive adventure. You tell Alexa to “open the Magic Door,” a creaking door emanates from the speaker, and you then get to choose a path for your adventure. The Magic Door includes a growing list of “stories” to ensure the fun is endless. The Stories currently available:
- Help the Princess find her Crown in and beyond the Garden
- Find the Rabbit’s Eggs beyond the Garden Gate
- Help the Gnome find his key in the Forest
- Save the Monkeys on the Tropical Island
- Enter a hidden Portal to an Ancient Temple
- Concoct a Potion for a magical Fern to the Wizard’s Tower
- Search for the Wise Wizard in his Tower
- Explore the Witch’s Spooky Mansion
- Travel to and enjoy the Royal Holiday Party
Real world use: If you have time to sit around, issue commands, and use your imagination, this is a great romp. I play periodically during meal time – usually during lunch when I occasionally eat alone. You can play by yourself, or invite others to combine their brain power to solve riddles, find hidden items, and help magical creatures.
Where to get it: You can locate The Magic Door Skill in the Amazon Alexa app, or use the following web link: The Magic Door
The Magic Door also has a Facebook page: http://facebook.com/AlexaMagicDoor
Follow me on Twitter
Add me to your Google+ circles
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!