Amazon today has announced some new additions to Alexa’s supported Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML) tags. The new tags include:
- Whispers – Convey a softer dialog with <amazon:effect name=”whispered”>.
- Expletive beeps – Bleep out words with <say-as interpret-as=”expletive”>.
- Sub – Use the <sub> tag when you want Alexa to say something other than what’s written.
- Emphasis – Add <emphasis> to change the rate and volume at which Alexa speaks.
- Prosody – Use this tage to control the volume, pitch, and rate of speech.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!