You knew it wouldn’t be long before TVs began rolling out with Alexa built in. Amazon has long offered its Fire TV stick and Fire TV adapters for all TVs, but now the company has announced its first smart TVs with Alexa built in will start shipping in June.
The TVs are manufactured by Element Electronics and offers various sizes and models – but all with the Fire TV experience built in, including voice controls using Alexa. There are 43, 50, 55, and 65-Inch models with the following features…
- Experience true-to-life 4K UHD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast, and brilliant colors. Refresh Rate: 60 Hz (Native), 120 Hz (Effective).
- The Fire TV experience is built in so you can enjoy over 15,000 channels, apps, and Alexa skills. Get universal search results across over 140 channels and apps including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Prime Video.
- The included Voice Remote with Alexa allows you to control live TV playback, launch apps, search for TV shows, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and much more.
- Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost.
- Multiple device input/output options: 4 HDMI 2.0 including 1 with ARC, 1 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0, SD card, Ethernet, composite/component, headphone, optical audio out.
Roku offered similar smart TVs in the past, but those were wrought with problems. The Amazon versions are now available for pre-order.
Go here to check out the different models: All-New Element 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – Amazon Fire TV Edition
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!