With Alexa’s ever-increasing popularity, new Alexa-enabled products deliver almost daily. Some are duds – some are interesting and valuable. When new and interesting products are available, we take a look at new and important Alexa add-on hardware you might want to consider adding to your Alexa device farm.
This week’s hardware: iHome iAVS1 Bedside Stereo Speaker System for Amazon Echo Dot
Description: Unleash the power of Alexa and the Amazon Echo Dot with the perfect bedside solution. Simply place your Dot into the top of the iAVS1, plug in internal connectors and your good to go.
- Specially designed to power & connect your Amazon Echo Dot, Includes insert for Gen 1, Gen 2 & charging cable for Echo Dot
- Stereo sound for room-filling music; Weight: 1.64 lbs. Dimensions: 6.70″ W x 2.13″ H x 6.70″ D
- Additional USB port for charging for phones or other USB-powered devices (charging cable not included)
- Glanceable 12/24 hour clock display and compact design to keep your nightstand clutter-free
- Dimmer control with adjustable brightness levels
Real world use: For those that are still tied to an alarm clock for getting up in the morning, or like the ability of being able to glance over to see how many extra minutes you have left to sleep before getting ready for work, the iAVS1 is a perfect solution. It combines and alarm clock, a charging station for your smartphone, and the integration of Alexa.
The speaker is not the best (like the VAUX), but it’s good enough and the combination of features is just right. The size is also a great feature, in my opinion, as it fits perfectly on a bedside table without taking over the whole space.
Where to get the hardware: Amazon has the alarm clock for $54.95: iHome iAVS1 Bedside Stereo Speaker System for Amazon Echo Dot
Follow me on Twitter
Add me to your Google+ circles
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!