For those that work and develop within the Visual Studio platform, Amazon has just made it easier to develop and deploy Alexa skills.
Available in Beta, the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) Toolkit is now downloadable from the Visual Studio Marketplace:
ASK Toolkit for Visual Studio Code (Beta) is an extension that that makes it easier to develop and deploy Alexa Skills. You can use the ASK toolkit to call the ASK command line interface (CLI) from within VS Code, and can see the results in VS Code’s integrated terminal. This allows you to perform nearly all skill development actions within VS Code. Using the ASK toolkit, you can:
- Discover ASK commands by typing “ASK” from the VS Code command palette
- Create a skill using templates
- Generate code snippets for built-in intents, custom intents, slots, and request handlers
- Identify errors in your JSON schema
- Hover over a JSON object to see documentation
- Submit a skill for certification
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in Dallas, Texas in 2018!