Configuration Manager 2012 R2 Known Issues
- After updating to SCCM 2012 R2 all reports are listed twice in the Reporting section.
Once with a __ Prefix. The reports with __ are the old reports, which could be deleted if you haven’t made any customizations to the built-in reports.
- PXE won’t work, because wimgapi.dll has an issue.
- The official supported work around is to create a PXE enabled distribution point on another system as the site server.
- Another way could be to reinstall Wimgapi from \sms\wim\wimgapi.msi or reinstall the ADK.
- Also note that there is a updated version of ADK 8.1 since 18.10.2013 http://blog.colemberg.ch/2013/10/config-manager-update-r2-pxe-dont-work/
- A hotfix is now available that solves this issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2905002
- Device Variables of new added devices aren’t available during OSD and OSI Task Sequences.
This is a well known problem in the Microsoft support team. They can provide you with a script which reads the variables directly from the SCCM server and put them to the local TS environment.
- A hotfix is now available that solves this issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2907591
- OSD is much slower, the WIM download takes 15minutes, without R2 5 minutes…
The problem is known by the product team.
- A workaround is to enable “Access content directly from a distribution point” or to use multicast.
- A hotfix is now available here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2905002
- Work hour and presentation settings are lost after client upgrade.
This is also mentioned in the update considerations from Microsoft.
- Network access account credentials are lost during update.
- Remove the network access account and re add it to the list of network access accounts.
- Custom Global Condition are not correctly updated.
Applications which use a custom global condition will fail on install. To solve this problem, edit these global conditions (Add a comment).
- Endpoint Protection Clients fail to upgrade
Endpoint Protection clients report back with “Failed to trigger EP Installer to install” and disappear from EP console if antimalware policy names contain special characters.
- Client Starts to initialize, but then goes offline for 45 minutes or more if user is logged during initial initialization
Appears to have been an issue since initial release, still unresolved in R2. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a82bcb3-4cde-4eb0-a016-5d4f2a60f2d7/pki-client-starts-to-intialize-then-7-minutes-later-client-agents-go-back-to-disabled-for-upwards?forum=configmanagerdeployment