Docking stations for Surface devices can get expensive – particularly if you buy the Microsoft brand. Though it supports a number of tablets and smartphones, Unitek’s USB 3.0 dock is actually marketed as a Surface 3 dock on the box, i.e., “Best Mate of Surface 3”
While the dock is nothing truly spectacular, it is useful. And, for the price (around $30), you do get USB ports and a Gigabit Ethernet Adapter in addition to a pop-up bracket stand that holds a Surface 3 perfectly. So, you can effectively sit the Surface 3 in the slot, connect a mouse and keyboard to the USB ports, and sit at a desk. Plus, the dock is lightweight plastic, making it an easy travel companion so you can set this up anywhere.
Amazon has this dock for just about $30: UNITEK USB 3.0 3 Port Hub + Docking Station for Microsoft Surface 3
- 3-in-1 Universal Dock is designed exclusively for Windows tablet, Android Phone/ Tablet and Ultrabooks, lets you instantly transform your device into a desktop PC, giving you easy access to your favorite accessories
- Fastest USB3.0 3-Port + RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, provides high data transfer speed up to 5Gbp/s, backwards compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 devices
- A Wired – Gigabit Ethernet Adapter allows you enjoy fast and reliable connection to a wired local network, supports 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet, maintains high data speeds and helps prevent wireless hang-ups
- One port supports BC1.2 charging protocol and provides current supply up to 5V/1.5A. Three USB 3.0 ports let you connect various USB peripheral devices, such as keyboard, mouse, USB flash drives and hard disk, etc.
- Front-back USB port composition, with a flexible bracket stand. Power supply via Micro B, supply power to charging your devices or high power consuming peripheral devices
(Click or tap each photo for a larger view)
Follow me on Twitter
Add me to your Google+ circles
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Developers, and DevOps? IT/Dev Connections kicks off in San Francisco in 2017!