After migrating to SCCM 2012 with MDT2013 and activated the new MDT Monitor function I saw the need to enable that information to our support staff. I found a few PowerShell scripts from Mikael Nyström that did parts but nothing complete and more user friendly. So here is my attempt to write one The tool is written completely in PowerShell even though its packaged as an exe.
- Powershell V3
- Windows remoteing activated on the server with the the MDT Webservice*
- Admin rights on the server with the MDT Webservice*
* Note: Remoting and Admin rights are only needed for the function to get the warning and error logs from the MDT server.
Before you start the tool you will need to update the file MDTMonitor.config.xml with the correct values for you environment.
Update: If you use the tool on the same server as the MDT Monitor Webservice you must use “localhost” as servername instead of the normal servername.
I recommend that you copy the dartremoteveiwer.exe to the same folder as the tool. The dartremoteviewer.exe tools works fine standalone and don’t need an installation.
The computer information page, from here you can start the Dartremoteviewer tool to an computer that is in WinPE (this needs that dart is integrated with your boot image see Johan Arwidmark’s post here.) or you can start Remote desktop for a computer that is in “Windows”.
Enjoy! Hope you find it useful!
New in v1.2:
* Fixed Dart Remote Viewer not connection to full ip
New in v1.1:
* Added timers for autorefresh of webservice info
* Added some better errorchecking and cleaned up the code a bit