When it comes to SAP licensing, there’s good news and bad news. First, the good news– over the past few months, SAP has announced a number of changes to its software licensing policies that give its customers more flexibility. These include the ability to terminate unused licenses and re-calculate maintenance on the remaining licenses, as well as the option to replace on-premises licenses and maintenance with a cloud subscription. This flexibility means that customers can more easily take advantage of opportunities for cost savings that are uncovered by Software License Optimization technologies.
Now, the bad news– along with these new opportunities, there are ongoing challenges around indirect access to SAP software. SAP is taking a much harder line with respect to enforcing the indirect access licensing requirements. One estimate puts the SAP revenue opportunity for indirect access licenses at $7 billion. So, this is obviously a key area of exposure for SAP customers.
Attend this webinar to learn about:
- Recent SAP software licensing policy changes
- How license optimization strategies can uncover opportunities for cost savings
- SAP indirect access and license optimization techniques that can reduce your liability
- Tips for negotiating with SAP
- Wednesday, 13th November – 12:00 pm CT (US) Show in my time zone
- Wednesday, 20th November – 9:00 am (Sydney, Australia) Show in my time zone
- Thursday, 21st November – 11:00 am (UK) Show in my time zone
Our guest speaker is R “Ray” Wang, CEO and Principal Analyst at Constellation Research. Ray is a prominent keynote speaker and research analyst working with clients on innovation, business model design, engagement strategies, customer experience, matrix commerce, and big data. He advises Global 2000 companies on business strategy and technology selection. Ray has a wealth of knowledge and experience working with clients on SAP licensing and contract negotiation.
Our second speaker is Chris Hughes, Product Manager of FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications at Flexera Software. Chris has over 14 years of experience with Software License Optimization and related technologies, in research and development, professional services and product management.