Flexera Software officially launched InstallAnywhere 2013 today. InstallAnywhere 2013 is the latest version of the world’s most popular solution for building software installations. This new release helps software vendors, intelligent device manufacturers and their customers support the latest operating systems and better manage application installations within the increasingly complex physical, virtual, and cloud-based environments in which organizations operate.
InstallAnywhere 2013 includes the following capabilities:
- Create Pure 64-Bit Installations – Support Windows Server Core in the modern data center by creating pure 64-bit installations for Windows Servers that have disabled the 32-bit subsystem.
- Build Multi-Tier Virtual Appliances – Simplify evaluations and production deployments of multi-tier applications by bundling several virtual machines into a single enterprise-ready virtual appliance.
- Streamline Virtual Appliance Builds – Build faster and easier by creating virtual appliances directly from existing virtual machines.
- Windows Digital Signatures – Ensure applications install securely by digitally signing installation to support Windows User Access Control (UAC).
- Smoother Navigation with Updated User Interface – Develop installations more efficiently with improved performance, more intuitive navigation, and consolidated views with inline help.
Enhanced Support for the Latest Platforms – Support for the latest platforms, including: Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Apple OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Apple OS X ‘Mavericks’ (10.9) Developer Preview, SUSE Linux 11.3, Ubuntu 12.04, Solaris 11 Sparc, HP-UX 11i, AIX 7.1, IBM i5/OS, Z/OS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Fedora 16.
With the new release, Flexera Software also announces changes to product edition names:
InstallAnywhere Enterprise with Cloud Pack is now InstallAnywhere Premier with Cloud Pack
InstallAnywhere Enterprise is now InstallAnywhere Premier
InstallAnywhere Standard is now InstallAnywhere Professional
InstallAnywhere Enterprise Build is now InstallAnywhere Standalone Build Premier
We invite you to learn more about our newest version of InstallAnywhere – try it out with a free trial, or attend a Webinar dedicated to the new features on 29-Oct-2013 (10am CT/4pm UK/17:00 Central Europe).
We’d also like to take a moment to thank and congratulate the entire InstallAnywhere 2013 launch team! This includes Engineering, QA, Technical Documentation, Product Management, Product Marketing, Support, Back Office, Services and Training.
Watch for upcoming blog posts that will explore some of the newest InstallAnywhere features in more depth.